Las Vegas Pool Accident Attorney
A family on vacation or enjoying the outdoors in Las Vegas does not go to the pool thinking they may be about to face a disaster. However, when pools aren’t maintained up to standards or adequately supervised, this can be a very real possibility.
Pool injuries can have long-term medical consequences. Some can result in brain damage or serious injuries.
If you have been injured at a pool, it is essential that you have a Las Vegas pool accident attorney help you get the compensation you deserve.
Causes of Pool Accidents
Las Vegas pool accidents can result in a variety of different injuries. Listed below are some of the most common causes:
- Inadequate lighting in or around the pool
- Missing safety equipment
- Dirty water that is murky or muddy
- Missing or inadequately maintained fence around the pool
- A pool that is clearly overcrowded or full beyond capacity
- Untrained, inattentive, or negligent lifeguards
- Surfaces around the pool that are excessively slippery when wet
Types of Pool Accident Injuries
Pool accident injuries take many different forms. The majority can be traced back to negligence on the part of the pool owner and maintenance personnel.
Some of the most common types include the following:
- Diving Board Injuries – Improperly maintained diving boards and inadequate supervision are most often to blame.
- Slip-and-Fall Injuries – These are most often caused when poor design causes slick and slippery-when-wet materials to be used around the pool itself.
- Circulation Entrapment Injuries – These are typically caused by faulty maintenance and can often lead to serious injuries such as amputation.
- Submersion Injuries – Submersion can result in death by drowning, brain damage, and pulmonary or neurological damage. These usually occur when lifeguards are absent, negligent, or poorly trained.
All of these injuries can lead to substantial personal injury claims.
Expenses and Damages
Pool accident injuries can be severe and life-altering. In addition to the recovery itself, they are often accompanied by a number of expenses—which the responsible party should be held accountable for:
- Medical bills
- Physical therapy
- Lost wages due to time off work
- Expenses associated with the injury, such as needing to stay in town longer
If injured at a hotel, know that they tend to have large legal teams and you may be approached by one of their attorneys to settle your claim out of court. Do not do so without first speaking with your own attorney. Otherwise, you may not receive the full value of your injury claim.
Why You Need a Las Vegas Pool Accident Attorney
An attorney can help you receive a fair settlement for your injury claim. You or your loved one may have suffered because of a hotel’s mismanagement and negligent pool maintenance. Whenever an organization fails to meet the necessary safety standards, they can be held liable for any injuries that occur because of their negligence.
Contact a Las Vegas pool accident attorney to determine how to proceed with your claim. You don’t pay anything until you win. Get help by calling 702-4-INJURY or contact us online for a free case evaluation.